HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mercury and Jupiter: "Beware the Ides of March"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

PostSubject: Mercury and Jupiter: "Beware the Ides of March"   Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:39 am

Molly Hall About.com
March 15, 2011

Today is the Ides of March, a Roman holiday made famous because of a warning made to Julius Ceasar in 44 B.C. A seer, said great harm would come to the Emperor. The warning was later immortalized by Shakespeare, whose soothsayer said, "Beware the Ides of March."

It was Donna Cunningham who reminded me of the Ides of March, and the famous warning. In what she calls a rare rant called, Why I Don't Believe Scary Predictions," she writes, "At best, scary predictions are entertainment--we love to be scared by them the same way we're scared by ghost stories. At worst, they create extreme stress about things that Might happen but seldom do." It's worth noting, though, that she leads with the story of some fortuneteller whose warning ended up being right.

It's true there's a lot of alarmist language out there right now. But with the European energy commissioner Guenther Oettinger using the "A-word" to describe Japan's nuclear crisis, maybe it's time to sound the alarms, and it's a matter of life and death. Oettinger told the European Parliament, "There is talk of an apocalypse and I think the word is particularly well chosen. Practically everything is out of control. I cannot exclude the worst in the hours and days to come."

Let's consider that Mercury is in booming-voiced Aries, in square to Pluto Capricorn, and TODAY, moving toward a conjunction to Jupiter. This wakes up our mind, and sharpens the urgency of the moment. It can make us all more alert, which then creates momentum.

And with the square to Pluto (control), at the heart of this is public trust. After so many years of manipulation and lies, the BS detector in most people is finely honed. And Mercury Aries is a heat seeking radar for truth. Mercury in square to Pluto exposes conflicting agendas, due to science experts or media living off the government/corporate teat.

It's intriguing timing, the Ides of March, and the Mercury-Jupiter conjunction. Any panic or fear of death (Pluto) can rouse your will to live. It could awaken instincts that then guide you to the next inspired step.

I'm listening to the astrologer/mythologist John Lash on The Feminine Mojo Show, right now. He's talking about how many sense momentous changes at hand. And that can feel threatening, and arouse great fear. It's my opinion that scary things are already happening at this point. "The catastrophe and the fear is so intense, that it is blowing the world psyche open," says Lash. I see where this is the Aries birth of the new, from the old being cracked apart.

The Mercury-Jupiter conjunction today (March 15th, 2011 at 9:26 pm) can light a fire in the mind, and awaken you to the moment. It's a time when the big picture could be startling, but by seeing it, we're motivated to find the courage to meet whatever lies ahead.

Astrology About.com
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1