One Soul, Many Journeys

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What Are Our Mirror Reflections Trying to Teach Us?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

PostSubject: What Are Our Mirror Reflections Trying to Teach Us?   Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:14 am

About Mirroring

Mirror Image

People whose personalities and actions tend to push our buttons the most are generally our greatest teachers. These individuals serve as our mirrors and teach us what needs to be revealed about ourselves. Seeing what we don't like in others helps us look deeper inside ourselves for similar traits and challenges that need healing, balancing, or changing.

When someone is first asked to understand that an irritating person is merely offering him a mirror image of himself, he will strongly resist this idea. Rather, he will argue that he is not the angry, violent, depressed, guilt-ridden, critical, or complainer person that his mirror/teacher is reflecting. The problem lies with the other person, right? Wrong, not even by a long shot. It would be convenient if we could always place the blame on the other person, but this is not always so easy. First ask yourself "If the problem truly is the other fellow's and not my own then why does being around that person affect me so negatively?"

Our Mirrors May Reflect:

Our Shortcomings

Because character flaws, weaknesses, etc. are more easily seen in others than in ourselves our mirrors help us to be able to see our short comings more clearly.

Magnified Pictures

Mirroring is often magnified to enhance getting our attention. What we see is enhanced to look larger than life so we won't overlook the message, making sure we get the BIG PICTURE. For example: Although you are not even close to being the overbearing critical type of character that your mirror is reflecting, seeing this behavior in your mirror will help you see how your nit-picking habits are not serving you.

Repressed Emotions

Our mirrors will often reflect emotions that we have comfortably repressed over time. Seeing someone else display unleashed similar emotions may very well touch on our stuffed feelings to help bring them to the surface for balancing/healing.

Relationship Mirrors

Our family, friends, and coworkers don't recognize the mirroring roles they are acting out for us at a conscious level. Nonetheless, it is no coincidence that we are conjoined within our family units and our relationships to learn from one another. Our family members (parents, children, siblings) often play major roles of mirroring for us. This is because it is more difficult for us to run and hide from them. Besides, avoiding our mirrors is nonproductive because, sooner or later, a bigger mirror will appear to present, perhaps in a different way, exactly what you are trying to avoid.

Repeating Mirror Reflections

Ultimately, by avoiding a particular person we hope that our lives will be less stressful, but it doesn't necessarily work out that way. Why do you suppose some people tend to attract partners with similar issues (alcoholics, abusers, cheaters, etc.) repeatedly? If we succeed at getting away from a person without learning what we need to know from the relationship we can expect to meet up with another person who will very soon reflect the same image upon us. Ahhhh.... now a second opportunity will surface for us to take inventory of our issues. And if not then, a third, and so forth until we get the BIG picture and begin the process of change/acceptance.

Shifting Our Perspectives

When we are confronted with a personality that we find bothersome or uncomfortable to be around it can be a challenge to comprehend that it is offering us a grand opportunity to learn about ourselves. By shifting our perspectives and attempting to understand what our teachers are showing us in their mirror reflections we can begin to take baby steps toward accepting or healing those wounded and fragmented parts within ourselves. As we learn what we need to do and adjust our lives accordingly, our mirrors will change. People will come and go from our lives, as we will always attract new mirror images for us to look at as we progress.

Serving as Mirrors for Others

We also serve as mirrors for others without consciously realizing it. We are both students and teachers in this life. Knowing this makes me wonder what types of lessons I am offering others by my actions each day. But that is the flip side of the mirroring concept. For now I'm trying to focus on my own reflections and what the people in my current circumstances are trying to teach me.
Life is a continuous and miraculous healing journey!

Sorry unknown source, found this in one of my saved e-mails to myself.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: What Are Our Mirror Reflections Trying to Teach Us?   Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Cool Just thought I'd BUMP it UP !! !!
Back to top Go down
missarajoe
Awakened and Ascended
Awakened and Ascended

PostSubject: Re: What Are Our Mirror Reflections Trying to Teach Us?   Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:16 pm

[Quote]Repeating Mirror Reflections

Ultimately, by avoiding a particular person we hope that our lives will be less stressful, but it doesn't necessarily work out that way. Why do you suppose some people tend to attract partners with similar issues (alcoholics, abusers, cheaters, etc.) repeatedly? If we succeed at getting away from a person without learning what we need to know from the relationship we can expect to meet up with another person who will very soon reflect the same image upon us. Ahhhh.... now a second opportunity will surface for us to take inventory of our issues. And if not then, a third, and so forth until we get the BIG picture and begin the process of change/acceptance. [Quote]

I have severed my relationship with my father at different times in my life and in the past few years have kept him completely out of my life...and my life
is less stressful . My children have also found to keep him out ofd their lives and my siblings have finally cut contact with him also finding their lives run alot better without him being in their lives.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: What Are Our Mirror Reflections Trying to Teach Us?   Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:31 am

I think our free will allows us to choose who is going to be the mirror that we work with in our lives on a particular issue. As it says - if we choose not to deal with something through a relative, then another person will come to mirror that issue so we get a new opportunity with a fresh mirror. The important thing is not to let ego judge it as wrong that you avoid the first person in your life. As missarajoe pointed out, this can be a good thing especially if it allows other people to relax and not be involved in your mirrorwork.

Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: What Are Our Mirror Reflections Trying to Teach Us?   Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:01 am

Solane Star wrote:
About Mirroring

Shifting Our Perspectives

When we are confronted with a personality that we find bothersome or uncomfortable to be around it can be a challenge to comprehend that it is offering us a grand opportunity to learn about ourselves. By shifting our perspectives and attempting to understand what our teachers are showing us in their mirror reflections we can begin to take baby steps toward accepting or healing those wounded and fragmented parts within ourselves. As we learn what we need to do and adjust our lives accordingly, our mirrors will change. People will come and go from our lives, as we will always attract new mirror images for us to look at as we progress.

Serving as Mirrors for Others

We also serve as mirrors for others without consciously realizing it. We are both students and teachers in this life. Knowing this makes me wonder what types of lessons I am offering others by my actions each day. But that is the flip side of the mirroring concept. For now I'm trying to focus on my own reflections and what the people in my current circumstances are trying to teach me.

Life is a continuous and miraculous healing journey!

Yes, Yes,

This is where I have placed most of my intentions and focus over the last 6yrs. Cool

Like a Star @ heaven dragonfly REAL-ly Looking " DEEP " with-IN my INNER MIRRORS dragonfly Like a Star @ heaven

Mirrors with-IN Mirrors

l
I SEE NOW that I had them ALL stacked- UP, just waiting to BE sorted though to BE reviewed, re-vealed, re-visioned, re-newed & re-freshed, so that I could HEAL my own broken " HEART " !! !! I started to FEEL like the Tin Man from the movie " The Wizard of OZ " Like a Star @ heaven Wink Like a Star @ heaven

Yes, I could have a HEART too, that mine could BE ALL-so mended HEAL-ed and put back together. Dam. it's sooo BIG NOW, my " HEART " Laughing I like to brag about this NOW. It REAL-ly was by my own doing. By looking INTO that MIRROR I've ALL-so started to tap into my WELL of COURAGE ALL-so, like Leo the Lion and the Lion from OZ. Cool

This just so HAPPY-ens to BE what " Dragon-FLY " teaches the most and thats how too REAL-ly look into ONE-s own inner mirror and SEE ALL of our outer REFLECT-ions as ONE-s teacher's and ALL-so a way to HEAL ONE-s self.

Dragon-FLY Lessons again of Mirror Images and BREAK-ing FREE of Illusions Like a Star @ heaven dragonfly Like a Star @ heaven

This ALL-so takes me back to a time when the lessons of when the Dragon-FLY REAL-ly started to TAKE OFF in my life and BE-come really prominent, was when a Gemini girlfriend of mine had given me TWO " Dragon-FLY " mag-NETS for my fridge and they keep falling off the fridge, as the door was BE-ing opened and closed ALL the TIME. ( Gemini TWINS symbolically meaning to me is, to HEAL ONE-s many different aspects of ONE-s selves, ONE-s broken pieces) The first time the mag-NETS fall from the fridge, they Broke into TWO pieces and she took them and glued them back together again and stuck them back on my fridge. The had fallen off many more times after that and the last time that they off and broke again, I heard myself saying thats it, why should I glue them back together again, this just was'nt making any sense to me any more, BE-cause if Dragon - FLY stands for BREAKING though ONE-s illussions, then why would ONE glue them back together again, when One has ALL-ready broken though them, the illussions. Wink

So the plot thickens now, I find myself out and about ONE lovely afternoon, garage sales with my mate and I come across a big DEEP BLUE MIRROR, It felt as if this mirror was mine and I just had to have it. Wink Just when I was about to pay the man for it, a women stepped out of their house, and walked right up to me and said I crafted (made) that mirror frame. WELL, this women just so HAPPY-ened to BE my High school teacher in grade 9, so NOW this was ALL starting to come together for me( teacher(teach me),,, that I was to take the broken Dragon-FLY Mag-NETS, broken illusions and ALL and glue them onto this mirror that I had bought off of my high school teacher. In their broken pieces and ALL, I glued them onto the MIRROR and hang it on the wall. Like a Star @ heaven Wink Like a Star @ heaven

I WELL have to take some pics of this MIRROR and post them here.

Like a Star @ heaven dragonfly Like a Star @ heaven YAY !! !!

Last edited by Solane Star on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: What Are Our Mirror Reflections Trying to Teach Us?   Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Shocked Shocked

SEND Botton

OoooH MY

Just as I placed my finger on the send botton for the post that I posted above here the " LIGHT-s went out here at my place (ALL Energy) I was totally sitting in the dark in front of my computer and it ALL happened with-IN seconds right after this post made it through. This was right at 6am this morning here for me and it was off for two hrs. Now this was planned by Hydro for last weekend on Sunday morning and it just happened here a week late on this Sunday morning and no one told us about it happening again this Sunday morning, so I don't even pay it any mind, until this morning when I just got finishing UP my post here at 6am. Right after the light went out here, I left to go and get a candle so I could give the whole situation a little more " LIGHT " Like a Star @ heaven dragonfly Like a Star @ heaven As I lite some candles and the light was flickering thought-out the backroom of the house where I was sitting a Dragon-FLY image appeared in the form of the Dragon-FLY shadows that where BE-ing casted through-out and in the candle " LIGHT " . Right away I knew what the Dragon-FLY was trying to say, what the message was, I had said in the above post that ONE of the things that Dragon-FLY teaches the most is MIRROR reflections and breaking though ONE-s self Illusions.

WELL, this is true, but what is even closer to the truth is they are the MASTERS of the " LIGHT " and in that moment ALL I could hear the Dragon-FLY say was " WHAT about the " LIGHT " and don't you think thats REALly important ALL-so. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: What Are Our Mirror Reflections Trying to Teach Us?   Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:50 pm

I added this thread post ALL-so here, as I feel it fits in WELL here, its ALL happening in the same time frame.

http://souljourneys.creatingforum.com/t634-aries-the-power-of-being-self-centered

Like a Star @ heaven dragonfly Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are Our Mirror Reflections Trying to Teach Us?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1