AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

PostSubject: A Light in Dark Places   Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:20 pm

Molly Hall About.com
A Light in Dark Places
Monday December 27, 2010

If you've felt flat this holiday time, or like you're going through the motions...maybe it's revealing a false bottom. The aspects this week, including today's Sun-Pluto conjunction can bring a nagging sense that "there's something more." It's a longing to be aligned with the truest inner reality. So paradoxically, that longing for more, can lead to less....a stripping away of what's dead or dying.

So today's Sun-Pluto explosion from within -- and all the other growth-provoking aspects this week, can assist in the descent period of the lunar cycle. We might not get what we want, but we get what we need. It's the waning Moon, a time of letting go until January 4th. It often begins with the stripping away of what feels false, empty, and keeps us from acting from the core.

It's a rich, mysterious time, summed up so well by Fiona Kelly of Living with Astraea. She writes, "Even though this happens once a year, with all that December has unlocked already, today's conjunction still reminds me of that powerful line from Galadriel in Tolkien: "May it be a light for you in dark places, When all other lights go out..."

Fiona continues, "It is a beautiful sentiment really. The courage to shine a light into your fears and see beyond the veil once a year. How appropriate too that it comes during the return of the light force at Solstice."

There can be such fear in letting go of the familiar. Who am I if I'm not friends with so and so? Or, what would life look like if I had the courage to fully explore my talents? This time of year, we look at how life could change from the inside out, altering those outer labels and associations.

These major player aspects this week give us the backbone we need to do what must be done. And to face any uncertainty -- often experienced as darkness -- that comes from making these changes. It's having faith that the light is there, even when it doesn't seem like it.

Astrology About.com
Back to top Go down

A Light in Dark Places
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1