View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Traits of an Empath   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:03 pm

16 Traits Of An Empath

Here 16 common traits of an Empath. Remember that these are generalisations and they may not always be obvious.

1. Empaths are quiet achievers but expressive in area's of emotional connection. They find that talking about emotional issues is a great outlet that aids in understanding themselves and others.

2. Some empaths can be the opposite of what an empath 'should' be because they are overwhelmed or unable to handle emotion and what they feel in the world around them so they block their feelings.

3. They can be focused outward, toward what others feel, rather than themselves. This is a common trait to many people who have not gone through a process of self development.

4. They avoid disharmony caused by emotionally turbulent situations. This type of situation can easily create an uncomfortable feeling because an empath feels this emotion.

5. Empaths are emotionally sensitive to violence and general chaos.

6. Empaths are sensitive to loud noise and television. In particular, television programs that depict emotional drama like the news and police shows.

7. They struggle to comprehend acts of cruelty and crime that involves hurting others.

8. They struggle to comprehend suffering in the world and are often idealists who theorise about fixing the worlds problems.

9. Are often found working as volunteers, with people, animals or the environment.

10. They are expressive so they can often be found in areas of music or the arts.

11. They often have the ability to draw others to them. This includes children and animals as they have a warmth and compassion that is beyond normal You may find that strangers always talk to you if you are an empath.

12. They can be good listeners as they generally have an interest in other people.

13. Empaths can be moody or have large mood swings due to overwhelming thoughts, feelings and emotion.

14. They are likely to have had, other paranormal experiences in their life. This could be astral projection, psychic ability or a variety of other experiences.

15. Empaths are daydreamers that have difficulty keeping focused. This is common with people who deal more IN emotion and neglect other area's of their mind.

16. Like many people on a spiritual path Empaths frequently experience déjà vu and synchronicities. This is something that occurs to everyone however empaths are often more aware and therefore 'look out' for it.

source: spiritual.com

Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:05 pm

courtesy of bewareofdarkness.net

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:13 am

Yep...
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:59 am

I laughed when I read #9 in that list...Are often found working as volunteers, with people, animals or the environment...I prefer volunteering to working for money for the sheer satisfaction gained. When I was in my 20s I volunteered at nursing homes and respite centres and now I am a volunteer foster carer for animals. Having a job that involves selling doesn't appeal to me at all. Helping is my call. All the better if I can be in a natural environment (there's the earth sign in me :hehehe: ). Just yesterday, Nuelma commented how I am fully embracing my earthiness. It is where I shine and find my greatest fulfillment.

Even better - yesterday I came home to find my remaining two pups had homes to go to :cheery: That makes me happier than being handed a big fat cheque with lots of zeros on it.

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:18 pm

Selling is awful... believe me. lol. I would love to care for animals, it's been one of my dreams since I was very young. Good on you for all you are doing to help, Goth! spirit guide
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:27 pm

GothiKat wrote:

courtesy of bewareofdarkness.net

Thanks again Kat,

Great post

Ouch I thought to mys-ELF, when I seen this pic here, so true, but at the same time in my life, it took me alot of Salt pouring into the wounds and licking them, to digest this and HEAL it.

Acknowledgement, worth it's weight in SALT.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Yes I know what you mean sis, there is a downside to being an empath that really sucks. It takes courage and patience to sort the sponge-like effect of taking on other people's energy from your own. I still have to stop and ask myself where what I am feeling is coming from. If I am going into a situation where I know strong energies are involved, then I shield my aura beforehand. These outside energies can affect your health. Since coming to terms with being an empath, I have lifted a lifelong tendency towards depression. I have to wonder how many years of built up energy residue from others helped keep me in that state of mind. It honestly was like waking up one day with a smile on my face and in my heart that over-rode the whole backlog of misery.

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Amazing, Goth... it's really a big wake-up realising that much of how we are feeling is not actually coming from us. I've felt really crap after being in contact with people sometimes, and then only realised after clearing my aura that I was carrying residues from others. By the way, I was wondering if this is an empath trait or something else - once, after a phone conversation with Mr Gem's brother, I felt something like a wiggling sensation in my solar plexus and then a feeling of sad disappointment came over me. I realised right then and there that I had picked up his feelings, and it was like my solar plexus was the antenna for it.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:08 am

YES! That sounds like a cord attachment - an energetic link between you and the person and their issues were probably solar plexus related. I've experiences something along those lines only a little more surface wise and that is the chameleon effect. I call it that because I absorb so much of the person's energy that I am with, that I actually take on their characteristics, mannerisms and ideals just from being with them! And worse still, it happens when I leave that person and meet up with another. It is like multiple personalities on caused by external forces. Whoever I am with, I quickly adapt to and become. When I am finally alone I feel drained and like a fake - I hardly recognise myself and it takes alot of grounding to find my way back into my own skin. It doesn't happen so much now that I have worked on bolstering my self-esteem and grounding my inner strength. But it used to cause havoc because I would hate what came out of my mouth and the way I behaved and yet I felt helpless to stop it happening.

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:21 am

Ahhh you're right! It was Mr Gem's brother, who I was flatting with at the time, and day in and day out I was the sounding board for his problems... at first I didn't mind being a sympathetic ear, but eventually I found it to be not good for me, because it was like it was dragging me down. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a cord between us. His issues definitely had a lot to do with the solar plexus. How interesting, it actually did feel like a cord shape, maybe 5mm thick, implanted into my solar plexus, and it was wriggling. Although I feel for him as a person and it's not that I dislike him exactly, I now sometimes find the thought of being around him - and actually being around him - to be an imposition. If he's at my house I feel, overpoweringly, like he's too much 'in my space'. With my upcoming house move, I also deliberately avoided considering any house that was too near to his. When we talk, I relate to him easily, so it's not like I don't like the guy - but this has me wondering if there's something remaining in my energy field from those days of flatting together that I should get rid of.

I can relate to that 'chameleon' effect you're talking about too, Goth. I sometimes feel like I'm merging with others and then afterwards I feel like that wasn't the real me for some reason. It's like I pick up on how they are and I just flow with it. It sounds as though your experience of it was much more intense than mine though. Good on you for recognising where it was coming from and being able to do something about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:30 pm

What are some of the techniques that you use to release the cords of attachment and energy that you soak up from others Goth? I haven't found anything that works straight away for me as yet. I take preventative measures so as to not take on the energy from others but sometimes if my guard is down it happens and then I have trouble letting it go. any advice would be wonderful. pnkhrt
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Nuelma, I just ask Archangel Michael to do it for me. I ask him to lovingly cut the cords with his blue sword of light and truth and to send love and healing to each person involved. I could swear that in one instance, I felt something go 'ping' at my tummy like a rubber band breaking away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:51 pm

Thanks Gem, I always forget to ask for his help, unless i'm in the middle of a crisis. I just asked him to come into my body as I finished that first sentence to clear me. I normally ask for him to envelop me and protect me. When he came into me, (just now) guess who he made me feel like? Zena (warrior princess). How uncanny.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:18 am

Wow. Cool

I call upon Archangel Michael most days, for general protection. Ironically though, I seem to forget more often when I'm in a crisis. When everything's going alright I'm calling on angels, doing self-healing, crystals etc, but when it all crumbles I forget! Silly me. Shocked
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Traits of an Empath   Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:42 pm

More and more these days, the Archangels and Ascended masters are making themselves known to me and offering their assistance. I was consulting with them only just last week when they gave me a mantra to work with this year ~ in fact it is emblazoned across my third eye so I cannot forget it: "LET IT GO". This has been a pivotal step in my growth as a person and as an expression of my soul energy in human form. Understanding that everything has energy attached to it helps in raising our awareness of our own power to shape our experience. For me, it came as a valuable lesson about dealing with feelings I have long suppressed and just what I have allowed myself to soak up and store energetically. I had a crash course in defining what is and isn't mine followed by the implementation of my mantra to let go of what does not belong to me. Once I mentally and emotionally removed my attachment to that which was not coming from within myself, I was left with the debris of accumulated thoughts, beliefs and behaviour patterns which I myself had created. It's important to ask yourself just what you will allow in your experience or energy and do a self-check on how congruent your thoughts and behaviours are. For me, I found big discrepancies and these were allowing cords to still make their way through and pull me into energetically draining situations and relationships. Empowerment comes when you are aware of how this works and then take responsibility for what you are creating yourself. It is hard to trust your intuition once it becomes distorted with emotional baggage and beliefs that have met their use-by-date. Make sure you are seeing you from the inside out and not the other way around. I can't emphasise this enough. If you are seeing you as you want other people to see you and not as the authentic you inside then you are robbing yourself of peace and contentment. I was a classic mask-wearer - that is the chameleon effect I spoke of before. I would change to 'fit in' with the people I was around or I would change to be someone who would be accepted. All it did was took me on a longer route than I needed to travel to get to where I am today. And although mostly content, something felt like it was not quite right.

I've had a bumpy cord-cutting metamorphosis over the past two months that has resulted in a much deeper relationship with my true self and the kind of serenity I believe we all deserve in life. I can look back now and laugh at the way it began in a similar way to someone trying to make the wrong puzzle piece fit with a hammer then the next day trying to get that piece unstuck because you know it doesn't go there! Laughing When is a goth not a goth? When she tries to be a conservative nerd just so she can be like everybody else instead of the real girl inside. I've learnt alot about free will and how the energy of others can impinge on that in so many ways including energetic cords and emotional ties.

To answer your question Nuelma, how do I cut cords? I don't. I gently and lovingly remove and give them back to the person they belong to with a blessing. I thank them for sharing their energy and then let it go back to where it came from :farao: I wash away any energetic residue with water under a shower or I clap to break it up or I even use my own voice and laugh. But I also think about what the experience has brought into my awareness and I express it in some way, whether through writing or art or working it through like a puzzle in my mind. Most of all I allow myself to process it however I need to, and yes that means crying, getting angry, yelling or spending time alone reading, playing games (your inner child often carries attachments too pinkfly ), or consulting with my guides. And then I love myself for being so kind and nurturing. And of course I express gratitude. This is my chosen method. It works for me. However, I strongly believe that each person will find their own unique way to release themselves from energies that are less than positive or that they feel are holding them back. My advice: follow dream What is it that prevents you from letting it go? Be authentic and honest and you can't go wrong. :cheery:

Back to top Go down

Traits of an Empath

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next