AuthorMessage
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:54 am

But wait - there's more! I saved the best for last Wink

Snake

This a powerful totem -- it is
the symbol of transformation and healing.
The Snake is wisdom expressed through healing.

It is a protector and guardian totem,
along with its sister totems, the Dragon and the Serpent.

If a snake totem has come into your life, your creative forces are awakening.
Your intuition will sharpen and be more accurate.

Snake energy is the energy of wholeness, cosmic consciousness, and
the ability to experience anything willingly and without resistance.
It is the knowledge that all things are equal in creation.

It also signals a transition in your life.
New opportunities and/or changes.

Snake is fire medicine, the medicine of transmutation.
On a material level, it is vitality; on an emotional level, it is ambition and dreams;
on a mental level, it is intellect and power; on a spiritual level (the highest level),
it is wisdom, understanding and wholeness.

Snake magic is heavy magic.
Become the Magician and transmute the energy and accept the power of the fire.

The Snake is one of the symbols of Thoth.

source: lins domain

Snake is one of my favourite totems because it brings with it rebirth and change. And I generally just like snakes chr Again, it was my daughter who noticed this one. I truly feel there is an atmosphere of shifting energy in my home. We are all on a creative vent and working together to build an environment that better reflects who we are - as individuals and as a family unit. This has been like a rebirth and all the animal messengers coming to support our evolution seem tied to that.

Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:55 am

Yes they are strange looking birds Gem. Some people call them owls but they are more closely related to raptors. They are masters of disguising themselves.

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:00 am

I kind of like them, because they blend in so well. Not so keen on the cockroach or snake though!
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:20 am

Yesterday at least twice there were bumble bees in my path. I was a little weirded out by the fact that they were slowly crawling on the ground, dying maybe? Given that bumble bees usually represent productivity and life, I feel like these bees' lack of energy echoes my own at the moment.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:35 pm

That sounds possible.

I had more animal visitors today - I swear it is like living in a zoo sometimes! There were two of them again and they were only young animals:

KANGAROO

Moving Forward

Kangaroo signals that a nine-month cycle is at play.
After starting a project, it will take nine months to mature and benefit you.
After that, it is time to move forward and commit fully.

Kangaroo only moves forward, never backward and Kangaroo people should do the same.
Kangaroo also teaches how to balance the creative energies needed to complete your task.
Those with a Kangaroo totem are given the strength and power needed.
You will have the strength and stamina to continue,
just as long as you go forward and not backward.

source: linsdomain

These kangaroos were right up close to the front of my house - where I am sitting at the computer, there is a big window and looking out they were no more than 5 metres away.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:44 am

Thats FUN-ny that you have the Kangaroo again Kat, I just picked one UP the other day in the store, a little toy one and thought of you right away. Cool

I've got hundreds of birds this year at my feeder's and it's taken me sometime BE-fore I've BE-en gifted and blessed with the pre-SENTS of the Cardinals. I've BE-en waiting for you guys to arrive. Like a Star @ heaven Wink Like a Star @ heaven

They arrived for the first time about a month ago, they sure do stand-out amongst the SNOW here, BE-ing red and ALL, soooo BE-auti-FULL.

Cardinal Medicine

Cardinal/Redbird's Wisdom Includes:

Courtship

Fatherhood.

Understanding the power of the wind.

Finding your soul song.

Renewed Vitality through Recognizing Self-Importance.

Cycle of Power: Year-Round (often with rythm of 12-hours, days, months, and years).
....the following comes from the book Animal Speak by Ted Andrews.

Most people have no trouble recognizing these redbirds. They also are part of the finch family, and a general study of finches is beneficial for those with this totem. Unlike many other birds, they are usually year-round residents, and their influence and the archetypal energies associated with them can be accessed all year long. They remind us that regardless of the time of day or year, we always have opportunity to renew our own vitality and recognize the importance of our own life roles.

The cardinal has a loud and clear whistle. Whistles are often reminders to listen closely--to pay attention to what is blowing on the winds. In the case of the cardinal, the female joins in on the whistling, which is unusual among birds. This reflects that we should be listening to the inner voice (the feminine) more closely for our own health and well-being. Since most female birds usually are quiet and camouflaged, a cardinal totem almost always reflects a need to assert the feminine aspects of creativity and intuition more strongly.

All cardinals are beneficial and friendly. They eat many weed seeds and injurious insects. The seventeen-year locust (periodical cicada) is one of these. Cardinals can reflect a need to be more careful about your diet, that what you are eating may be injurious to yourself and affecting your overall vitality.

Cardinals lay three to four eggs, and they hatch in about 12 days. This along with it being a 12-month resident, reflects the rhythm of 12 that is going to become more prominent within your own life.

The male cardinal makes a good parent, and often shares with the female the task of egg incubation. The male, though, will always feed the female while she is in the nest, and the baby cardinals as well. Although the male normally has the brighter color, when it shares the task of incubation, its colors remain much the same as the females, all for the sake of camouflage. This often reflects lessons associated with responsibility and the recognition of the importance of the task at hand.

The males usually have a bright head, although their coloring will often be duller on the back and wings. The bright-colored crest is a warning to rivals, while the duller colors can help shield it.

These birds are named for the cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church, with their bright red robes. If it is your totem, it may reflect past-life connections with the church, or even a reviving of more traditional religious beliefs, regardless of denomination.

Cardinals brighten the environment. They catch the eye and add color to our lives. When they appear as a totem, they do so to remind us to become like them. Add color to your life, and remember that everything you do is of importance.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Christmas Thank-You & WELL WISHES of CHEER   Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:25 am

This here is the note that I placed in one of my Christmas cards this year. I can't get into ALL the JOY and the many lessons that my fair feathered friends do provide for me. You guys know theres so much more that I get, it's so plenty-FULL.

Christmas Thank-You & WELL WISHES of CHEER

I just wanted to take the time to THANK-YOU BOTH for the Lovely service that you provide !! !!

Ever sense I started using your Black Oil Seed Sunflower seed, I have a abun-DANCE of birds that frequent my bird feeder's NOW.

I'm also UP ever morning NOW with my bird friends and BE-cause of your service, your very reasonable pricing, this has allowed me to have a very large array of bird friends and also some other furry friends. (Squirrels & Rabbits). I've got about 4-6 crows, ONE hawk, and over a doz. Blue Jays, 20 to 24 Doves, Doves can BE hard to count sometimes. I also got lots of the Barn Sparrows, Finches, and NOW 1/2 Doz. Cardinals, about 6-8 Chick-a-dee's. 4 Woodpecker's, and a few NUT-hatch. They so count on me NOW to BE there for them and they have given me so much pleasure in BE-ing able to do so, the birds have added so much JOY and Pleasure to my life.

So THANK-YOU so VERY MUCH for what you do and provive for ALL. it's a GREAT SERVICE that you both SUPPORT and do for other's !! !!

Wishing You A HAPPY NEW YEAR & A MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you both.

THANK-YOU

They grow, bag and farm many different seeds naturally on their home farm. Cool

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:52 am

Wow and look at the joy they are bringing other people through their efforts - I bet they don't even realise the spiritual purpose of what they provide. Thanks so much for sharing that with us Solane. What a perfect example of how the normal work of farming can be a spiritual purpose. Isn't that a wonderful gift and light to bring to the world?

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:10 pm

I've been seeing a lot of birds lately. Different kinds, although ordinary ones like blackbirds, thrushes, waxeyes and sparrows - but what stands out to me is that they are very near to me. Flying down low into my space. Two sparrows were even flying up to my window just earlier. I looked up the meaning of 'birds' in general and this is what I found:

From http://www.whats-your-sign.com/air-animal-totems.html
Quote :
As you will read in their descriptions, Air Animal Totems have a penchant for assisting us in matters of higher knowledge. Air being the most ethereal of elements, it's understandable that the creatures who inhabit it are able to lend the best understanding of it's invisible ways. Closest to the heavens, air animals are our best allies as they herald our desires to the very gods in the skies.

Air animal totems are also symbols of strength (both physical and mental) and sovereignty. Very important traits, particularly when we are experiencing new transitions or surroundings in our lives.

If air animal totems are catching your attention, you should feel very heartened by their presence. Allow their spirit to boost your confidence, and remind you that the ultimate power is within this present, unseen moment. Air animals are good omens, and their appearance is like a wink from god.

I hope this is true, because there's such a lot of change and uncertainty around me at the moment and it's been getting me down, worried and anxious. Trying my best to rise above it though.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:05 am

WELL,

As If he wasn't pecking hard enough on the outside of my living-room wall, I thought he was going to come right though the wall, the outside siding of the house is all done in wood.

Guess WHO " WOODY the WOODPECKER " and he was knocking so hard and for a long time, to get my attention while Iwas posting here today.

So you know

These are some of my summer pics of him when he first arrived.

Solane Star wrote:
Power animals

Everyone has the help and protection of spirit beings often in the form of animal spirits. Power animals are usually not domesticated animals and you can have more than one.

Even if a person has never heard of power animals they will have a special affinity for certain animals, or have had unusual experiences with certain animals. It is quite likely that this is their power animal trying to get their attention.

1. Apparently there is rich reward for them in helping humans. So, the first gift is to bring them into our daily lives to help us, guide us and protect us. Call upon them for wisdom, ideas, direction, help, problem solving, etc. The more you actively engage them the more they will be there for you and the more you gift them.

2. Invite your power animals to dinner. Cook a meal and set aside a portion as offering to your power animals. Leave it out overnight and then the next day put the remainder out in the world for nature spirits to feed on too.

3. As Spirit beings they do not have physical bodies. The third way that you can gift, honor and thank your power animal(s) is by dancing your animal. You are gifting them the experience of being physical. This can take the form of literally dancing like your animal. Bring the animal into your body, move as it would move to the music.

Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:11 am

Last edited by Solane Star on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:24 am

Symbolic Meaning of Woodpeckers

To be sure, the woodpecker is an attention-grabber, and those who claim this amazing bird as their totem will attest to its ability to shake up awareness.

Nothing breaks the silence of a hiking in the woods like the urgent, rapid-fire percussion of a woodpecker's rapping against a tree.

A Quick-List of woodpecker symbolic meaning:

Balance
Progress
Signaling
Returning
Protection
Initiation
Attention
Prophesy
Listening
Opportunity
Discernment
Communication
Determination

When I hear the woodpecker knocking, I think of opportunity. You know the old saying "when opportunity knocks, answer the door." That's precisely what I'm driving at here.

Woodpeckers are extremely opportunistic themselves. Each tree is a door, revealing tender morsels of food (grubs and ants are their favorites). Other trees will yield against their beak-hammering to provide great mansions for their young.

When the woodpecker comes tapping into our awareness, it's also a signal to use our heads. Just as the woodpecker uses its head (beak) to hammer out solutions (food, shelter), we too can use our intellect in finding solutions to our own barriers.

The symbolic meaning of woodpeckers also point to a need for creative vision. Being opportunistic, woodpeckers can see value everywhere, even in dead trees. Have you ditched an idea or given up on a project? The woodpecker may be trying to tell you to breathe new life into your project, just as they build new homes into dead trees.

Further, the symbolic meaning of woodpecker indicates a return to our roots, or having trust in our basic (gut) feelings. Dr. Carl Jung observed the woodpecker as a symbol of a return to the womb of creativity. In this observation the tree is symbolic of a womb; earthy, grounded, sturdy and secure. The woodpecker's home within the tree is analogous of a fierce determination to return and protect that which is sacred to us.

When this bird comes pecking, it is a call for us to return to our roots, back to the womb of our ideas and use our intellect and discernment to follow through with our plans.

This analogy is doubly profound in the case of red-headed woodpeckers as the color red is associated with the root chakra. Prime, protective energy. Another clear sign for being aware of our core impulses, and our basic beliefs.

Native North American wisdom recognized the protective home-based themes of the woodpecker too. Prairie tribes had a myth that the title of protector of humankind was once vied for by the turkey and the woodpecker. The woodpecker won the title because of her ability to make such marvelous nests wherein the spiritual seed of humankind would always be sheltered from predatory threat.

The woodpecker may also remind us to be mindful of our words. It has a narrow tongue, extremely effective for picking up food in narrow places. This is symbolic for using a narrow route to get the most profound effect. The woodpecker asks us to use fewer words to make a stronger impact in our statement.

As we continue to explore the symbolic meaning of woodpecker, we see communication is a strong theme. In fact, when I hear the woodpecker, I think of Morse code, and I try to figure out what kind of rhythmical message the woodpecker is sending me.

It wasn't until years later I did some research on the bird that I discovered, indeed, the woodpecker actually does peck out signals to their kin as communication!

Drumming has historically marked the beginning of events such as processions, honorable ceremonies, even war. Perhaps this is why the woodpecker (and its beak-drumming ways) was often associated with Roman battle, war and victory.

Native North American wisdom also prescribes drumming as a means to journeying (transcendentalism), and so many tribes considered the woodpecker as an other-worldly messenger, and a prophet.

In Roman mythology, the woodpecker is associated with Mars, which is a planet of energy, and initiative. The zodiac sign of Aries might be drawn to the woodpecker as a totem animal because of its association with Mars too (Mars is the ruling planet for Aries).

These two (woodpecker and the Ram which is the zodiac animal for Aries) have the propensity of initiation (trail blazers, starting new projects) in common. The woodpecker is the first to initiate communication. Consider the silence of a winter day cracked wide open by the echoing beat of a woodpeckers beak.

Also, the symbolic meaning of woodpecker deals with progress because she doggedly hammers at her purpose until she sees to the other side of the obstacle. Aries are equally determined in their purpose, often ramming through astounding odds to obtain their goals.

Concepts of determination and drive in the symbolic meaning of woodpecker can be stretched further when we consider the woodpecker's love for the oak tree. Oak trees are symbolic of stability and strength of character, read more about their meanings here.

Also in Roman myth the woodpecker was noted as befriending the founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus (who, interestingly were fathered by Mars, the god of war). Legend states the both the wolf and the woodpecker fed the twin boys in their infancy while they were sequestered in the wild to avoid demise (as typical Roman myth, it's a long story, you can read it here).

And so, when the woodpecker comes calling, it may be a sign to:

Fly back to our roots.
Nurture our ideas in the womb of our core passions.
Shelter our wisdom from predatory threat.
Use our heads (intellect) to think up innovative solutions to overcome barriers.
Communicate our ideas in more creative or non-traditional ways.
Stop and consider the opportunities available to us at this time.
Look at projects in unique creative ways to bring new life to a project.
Listen more clearly to subtle energies, there is a message that only our intuition can interpret.

Whats Your Sign.com
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:37 am

What an interesting bird. You guys have all the fascinating bird life in the U.S. Solane! The colours just amaze me as does their behaviour. I remember watching the woody woodpecker cartoons as a child. He seemed really annoying and I just couldn't fathom a bird that hammered on wood the way that character did. But there you go - he is based on a real bird!

The one thing that stands out from this creature is consistency or persistence - it hammers away until it reaches it's goal. What projects are you working on that are unfinished my dear? Where does your energy need to go? Is it something in or around the home?

And on another totally unrelated note, how does Sheeva reacted to birds? Is he a chaser or does he just watch them fly by?

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Cheetahs coming my way at the moment, and it sooo rings true.

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/cheetah.htm

CHEETAH

Speed and Flexibility

Flexibility is essential for Cheetah people.
It is necessary to have a flexible body and spirit for a healthy and fulfilled life.
Speed and maneuverability is also paramount to their well-being.
They must respond quickly, instantly to all opportunities and dangers.

Cheetah people must learn to rest after period of stress and effort.
They must never over-heat or over-exhaust their energies.

Cheetah gives their totem people the great capacity to feel
and respond quickly to the hurt of others.
This is a wonderful totem for a healer.

Cheetah also reminds us that sometimes we must struggle
and shed many a tear before we are successful.

Cheetah people tend to be solitary
and have a select few that they trust and bond with.

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Cheetah Wisdom

If cheetah is your animal totem, it will teach you a lot about moving out ahead of everyone else by doing what's in front of you. Maybe you need to do your homework before the sun goes down. "Get it done", says Cheetah, so that you will have some daylight to play with your friends. Cheetah may mention that you waste too much energy thinking and wishing when you need to get up and go. Is it that you are lazy or are you just stubborn? Or is it you don't believe in yourself enough? Believe that you have the power of a Cheetah and you will surely attain your goals.
Back to top Go down

Animal Totems

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next