View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Kinda CUTE....ahhhhh Wink

Just didn't want this living under my roof and crawling around at late night hours. eeek ssss
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:44 am

Aww, we have pet rats. My kids love them. My youngest son is sitting beside me right now and looking at your photos he is smiling and saying how cute your rats are. And that is a good example of how animals can have different meanings and impacts on people. Some people find them horrible and disgusting even the domestic rats we keep which are far different from the feral ones that get in your roof, etc. I find frogs really icky yet my daughter picks them up and kisses them and says they are beautiful. It all comes down to our unique tastes and what we have to learn about ourselves through our animal friends. I wish I could relocate the million or so cane toads that live on the property with me but alas, apart from the occasional red belly black snake eating a few, they continue to breed and flourish. My awareness tells me I chose to enter their territory to take up residence so I have learnt to adapt and work with them not against them. That's my choice.

Balance is important. Remember that old adage that there are two sides to every story? Well I prefer to think there are three - the two sides and then the observer's aspect, because without an outside perspective to notice the two sides, there would be no balance. Often the shadow side offers more information that further illuminates our awareness. It is the missing piece to the jigsaw if you like. Try walking on one leg and see how far you get...it takes two to move forwards with ease and purpose. That is the role of balance. It helps unblock us and bring clarity.

Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Power animals

Everyone has the help and protection of spirit beings often in the form of animal spirits. Power animals are usually not domesticated animals and you can have more than one.

Even if a person has never heard of power animals they will have a special affinity for certain animals, or have had unusual experiences with certain animals. It is quite likely that this is their power animal trying to get their attention.

Sometimes these animals leave and then the person becomes sick, or has a run of bad luck. Other times we outgrow the power animal and need another one to help us into the next phase of our lives.

Power animals are powerful spirits that assume the form of animals -- perhaps it is the easiest way for humans to see and understand them, or maybe they like the look. They are not animals and sometimes you are allowed to see their alternate forms such as a human form.

Power animals are a volunteer position, a being who is offering an amazing gift of helping someone in his or her life.

What do we have to offer them? After all, they are essentially demigods in their power and wisdom. We can gift them in at least 3 ways:

1. Apparently there is rich reward for them in helping humans. So, the first gift is to bring them into our daily lives to help us, guide us and protect us. Call upon them for wisdom, ideas, direction, help, problem solving, etc. The more you actively engage them the more they will be there for you and the more you gift them.

2. Invite your power animals to dinner. Cook a meal and set aside a portion as offering to your power animals. Leave it out overnight and then the next day put the remainder out in the world for nature spirits to feed on too.

3. As Spirit beings they do not have physical bodies. The third way that you can gift, honor and thank your power animal(s) is by dancing your animal. You are gifting them the experience of being physical. This can take the form of literally dancing like your animal. Bring the animal into your body, move as it would move to the music.

Do this often.

One other thing to remember about power animals is that each animal is powerful -- an eagle is just as powerful as a mouse. The particular animal that you receive will have special traits that are important for your life now.

People are often surprised by their power animal. I am surprised when I go and find a mouse or a chicken for a client. I am thinking "Oh man, how am I going to tell this person that their power animal is a mouse?" (I am thinking they will want a lion or an eagle. Yet, often I learn that this person already has a special relationship with Mouse. My returning with Mouse as their Power Animal is a strong confirmation of the work.)

I know a woman whose power animal is Buffalo. She was bummed. She had no connection to Buffalo. She struggled trying to bring Buffalo into her life. Then, while on a vacation, she had to drive through a buffalo preserve in Montana. Now usually in these places you are lucky if you see one buffalo with your binoculars 20 miles away on a mountain top surrounded by camouflage. As you are guessing, she came up over a hill only to be forced to stop as an entire herd of buffalo completely surrounded her car. She became very clear about her connection with Buffalo in the 45 minutes that it took for the herd to pass.

Bringing your power animals into your daily experiences will enrich your life and magical connection to this amazing world we live in. It will provide you with guidance, healing, help and protection.

By David Lang
http://www.urbanshamanism.com/Glossary/GlossaryP_R.html#realmsofspirit
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm excited, because my TIGER totem is back. I love it, love LOVE the tiger energy. Horses and tigers both resonate with me, their power and their wellspring of energy are what I admire and aspire to. And I know that the tiger is back... I've been seeing pictures of tigers, using my tiger's eye crystal, listening to the song 'Eye of the Tiger', and today I saw a kids' t-shirt with a big tiger face on it that I was really drawn to - on sale for $10 and it looks like it will fit me, so I'm tempted to blow $10 on it tomorrow (whether I can do that or not is another story!). Anyway, this is what it means for me:

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/tiger.htm
Quote :
Passion, Power, Devotion

The Tiger is the symbol of darkness
and the new Moon.

When a Tiger totem enters your life,
expect new adventures.
It will awaken new passion and power.

Tiger people do their best work at night.
They are very sensual and passion people and devoted parents.
Your best work will be done at night.
Tigers are associated with water and have all the properties of the element of Water –
healing, power through gentle flow, feminine energies.

In China, there are 5 mystic tigers:
The red tiger is south, summer and fire,
the black tiger is the symbol of north, winter and water,
the blue tiger is east, spring and vegetation,
the white tiger is west, autumn and all metals,
the yellow tiger is ruler of the Earth and its energies.

http://www.cathyginter.com/TOTEM.html
Quote :
Tiger: Whenever we are in the presence of tiger, it is always very powerful medicine. This is "get up and go" energy. The key is to release our emotional body from its mental cage and give it the full expression it deserves. Tiger's gifts are good health, beauty, vitality and sexual freedom. Tiger teaches us that we will be very successful in all our endeavors, especially if we approach our lives with a true sense of pride, inner strength and self-confidence.

http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/thelair/totem.html

Quote :
Tiger Totem

If you are drawn to the tiger, have dreams of the tiger, relate to the tiger, it gives insight into what is happening in your life and the kind of person you are.

The tiger is a solitary spirit, protecting its territory and coming together to mate and raise their young. In this aspect, you are a person who needs plenty of "space". You can feel suffocated easily by one who does not understand this. You are very loyal, loving and sensual, but must be with someone who really understands you.

The tiger is a nocturnal animal and gives those with the "spirit of the tiger" a special power during the night hours. Your creativity is enhanced during those hours. The tiger is also connected to the new and full moon and the phases of the moon can influence you greatly. You should learn more about the power of the moon and how to use its various phases to the best advantage in your life.

As with most cats, the tiger is a sensual creature. It stretches, it muscles are smooth and sleek, it rubs against trees, other cats, and is very sensitive to touch. A tiger spirit person has a great feeling of touch and could learn psychometry very easily. This person also is sensitive to the touch of others and can be very sensual in physical relationships.

Unlike most of the cat family, the tiger loves swimming and will often just lay in the water and enjoy it. The tiger spirit person has an affinity for water and often lives near the water or would like to. The water element is one of psychic ability and emotional elements. You can be overly sensitive and emotional, but if you call upon the power and knowledge of the tiger, you can control your life.

The tiger is a free spirit and loves to roam and experience new things. The tiger spirit is adventurous and loves to travel and experience new cultures, learn new philosophies, meet new people and yet can still maintain that "solitary" image and feeling. And yet the tiger has very strong ties to its young. The tiger spirit has great motherly devotion and raises and teaches their children all that they can while the children are within their territory.

Tigers hunt silently and slowly and this can be a very beneficial trait to learn in the tiger spirit life. Weigh things carefully, don't be in too much of a hurry, At the time in your life when the tiger spirit speaks, slow down and become deliberate in your choices. If you feel you are being selfish, that is probably for your own good. Everyone must learn to "do for themselves" before they can help others. You may also find yourself interested in certain intellectual pursuits that have not previously appealed to you. Follow your instincts. The tiger is a great leader.

THE SPIRIT OF THE TIGER IS:

POWER

DEVOTION

PASSION

ADVENTURE

SENSUALITY

http://www.namastecafe.com/animal/tiger.htm

Quote :
Will & Power

The Siberian Tiger is the largest of all the big cats with their bodies growing up to twelve feet long and their tails adding another three feet to their overall length. Watching these beautiful creatures, the strength and power they possess is very much in evidence in their rippling muscles.

Large paws carry impressive claws that are usually kept sheathed until either grasping a prey animal or delivering a lethal blow to an enemy. Such formidable power is contained within a musculature that has been designed to assure this cat’s ranking at the top of their food chain.

For the two-legged (human/soul) beside whom Tiger stalks, the sheathed claws and defined muscles can transform in the space of a heartbeat from fluid, casual movement to a powerful burst of energy, this is quite symbolic of the human counterpart’s same power that is most often kept in check. These individuals possess an amazing reservoir of energy that is frequently held in reserve for times when it is genuinely needed, yet when circumstances warrant the release of this wellspring, they can tackle a problem, crisis or challenge with a focused intensity that can only be equated to a Tiger’s leap.

When very young, the Tiger soul learns to contain such raw power. This contained energy can present itself as an intense gaze and quietly studious demeanor that may intimidate others, as though the eyes of the Tiger are capable of peering into one’s very soul.

Such intensity can drive others away as the one beside whom the Tiger journeys can often appear as aloof or disinterested. Nothing can be further from the truth however, as although they may seem insensitive or detached, these are the souls that desire to experience all of life’s intricacies and adventures, yet it is only as they mature and gain confidence in themselves that their more exuberant side is let free to play and explore.

When operating from Lower Personality, such raw power can be utilized for extremely selfish ends with the Tiger individual seeking to further his/her own agenda regardless of the cost to both others around them, and to their soul’s own progress. In this scenario, the energy is then released in volcano blasts and whirlwinds, obliterating all who stand in the path of the tiger. Or the reverse may be true and the two-legged with this magnificent Animal Spirit may be intimidated by their own exceptionally powerful emotions and desires, stuffing or denying such feelings, which results in many frustrations and denial of the true Self as an end result of such repression.

As the Tiger Soul grows, matures and evolves, a balance is found between releasing their indomitable energies and maintaining an awareness of the feelings of those around them. When the two-legged can embrace, without fear, their own Power and utilize it for the benefit of both themselves and others, the Light Force of their Will shines forth to light the pathway for others who journey the path of Self-Knowledge and Discovery.

Devotion

The Tiger in the wild will only have a litter of cubs (kittens) once in every 3 to 4 years and her litter will vary anywhere from a single birth to six offspring. Once making their entrance onto the Earthwalk, the small tigers will remain with their mother for approximately two years as she guides them through maturation and teaches them how to hunt and to become self-sufficient.

Watching a female Tiger nurture, protect and teach her offspring, it becomes obvious to the observer that she is a devoted and loving mother. The gentleness that she exhibits toward her cubs can turn rapidly to ferocity when her young are threatened, but when it comes to providing care for her progeny, the Tiger seems to delight in her role of mother.

For the two-legged with the soul of Tiger, there is an intrinsic undercurrent of fierce devotion that flows through their veins. When a Tiger individual loves another, be this in a friend or lover, the loyalty, intensity and devotion that they lavish upon their loved ones leaves an indelible imprint upon the hearts and minds of others. For some less passionate individuals who find themselves in love with the one beside whom Tiger pads, this red-hot intensity can be overwhelming and they will escape for “gentler waters,” while those who posses a similar fire and depth within their own hearts will find an eager and willing partner in the Tiger individual.

The challenges for the Tiger soul can be various when it comes to matters of the heart. Some Tigers may tend to burn with a blazing intensity that is exhilarating in its heat yet, as though such ferocious passion cannot be maintained indefinitely, the scorching heat of passion will quickly subside to barely flickering embers that threaten to die out at any moment, and just when their partner has become completely enthralled with the Tiger’s intensity. While this first example of the Tiger love nature may be initially exciting, the Soul of Tiger is all too soon off in search of a fresh encounter to recapture the blistering bonfire that they find in each new relationship. The result is that the mate left behind suffers a broken heart and the less - sensitive type of Tiger will be accumulating a negative karmic balance until he/she can identify this destructive behavior and learn to operate from a place of more compassion and Conscious Awareness.

The reverse of this will be the Tiger soul that is so ensconced in loving others and pouring their entire Self into the chosen mate, that they will subjugate their own wants, needs and desire to appease the partner. In this instance, the devotion is often either completely misplaced in a lover that is not willing to reciprocate such affection, or the Tiger Soul is so busy attending to the needs of the mate that there is nothing left over to nurture their own soul. In both this instance and the previous illustration, the Lesson for the Tiger individual becomes one of learning to balance between passion and steadfastness, love of Others and a healthy love of Self. Once this middle-ground is reached, the result is a healthy and giving soul that teaches all whom they encounter the beauty of true Devotion and love.

Yin/Yang Principle

One look at the magnificent coat of a Tiger reveals much as the black stripes that are overlaid against the backdrop of orange/rust coloring suggests a certain duality. In nature when there is such a significant contrast, this will often indicate a duplicity of meaning and/or purpose.

For the Tiger, this contrasting of patterns and colors suggests the Yin/Yang principle. Yin/Yang is the concept that all things in life are balanced via opposites and these opposites are equal halves of the whole. Female/Male, white/black, light/dark, are all examples of this polarity that is the basic foundation of this concept. Therefore, when looking at the Tiger Totem and its beautiful coat of mixed patterns and colors, it becomes evident that this is a creature being that possesses the balance of energies we may understand best as Yin/Yang.

As an animal totem, Tiger will walk beside the two-legged who is one of extremes in nature, feelings, and temperament. These are the individuals who run either hot or cold, full of passion or completely detached, there are very few periods of lukewarm for the Tiger Soul.

The challenge for these two-legged's is in finding the balance between extremes and understanding that the two halves are not contradictions of one another, but parts of an integrate Whole. By experiencing first one facet of life, feeling and being then the “opposite", the Tiger learns the importance of Balance.

Often times, the two legged with Tiger as an Animal Totem, will walk through the flames of hell and back several times during their lifetime. Many painful lessons will be encountered wherein he/she will expend themselves to the point of exhaustion and utter depletion, to then arise like the Phoenix out of their own ashes and begin a new cycle of growth and learning. Life for these souls is experienced whole heartedly and experiences which may discourage other less motivated individuals are frequently perceived by the Tiger individual as a challenge to be met head on and conquered.

When the two-legged with this awesome Animal Spirit comes to recognize the necessity of balance and harmony, the result is a wonderfully integrated human being. In so merging with the higher octave of Yin/Yang energy, the Tiger Soul embraces his/her inheritance of true Power and Integration.

Lunar Magic

Many myths and animal legends hold the Tiger as a Sister to the Moon, the contrast between her orange fur and black stripes once more reflecting the polarities of light and darkness which are symbolic representations of the two complete phases of the New and Full Moon. Such animals which are closely related to lunar cycles are recognized as possessing a particular form of magic including enchantments, summoning and assisting those souls who are departing from the physical plane across to the Blue Road of Spirit.

When Tiger walks beside a two-legged, the human counterpart will often be imbued with a particularly strong intuition and sense of timing. This "inner knowing" is an unconscious alignment between the two-legged and the Moon’s cycles.

Esoterically, the Moon represents the past, emotions, and all that is “hidden.” Hidden aspects include our subconscious minds, past life memories, which exist just below the surface of conscious thought, past programming, repressed thoughts and the realms and dimensions which are not visible to the physical eye.

As the Tiger Soul appears to have an uncanny sense of timing, in reality, he/she is closely in sync with the Full and New Moon. During the three day cycle (build-up, culmination and ebb) of the New Moon, the two-legged with Tiger as an Animal Totem, instinctively recognizes that now is the time to begin new projects, to leap with full force out into the world in a self-actualizing manner that will produce positive results. During the three day cycle of the Full Moon, Tiger Soul recognizes that this is the time to gather, sift through the past to uncover those habits, ideas and thoughts which have outlived their purpose. During the phase of the New Moon, those outdated modes can be discarded in favor of new ideas and plans. Also, the Full Moon is the time in which the seeds planted during the cycle of the New Moon have germinated and are producing fruit.

When operating from Contrary Medicine (Shadow energy), Tiger is impulsive, rash and hurried, for he has not yet learned the value of appropriate timing or the gift of contemplation. Such actions will often lead the two-legged beside whom Tiger journeys, down a pathway of painful lessons that are constructed to teach the Tiger Soul the importance of listening to the inner voice within which instructs them when to leap, and when to lie still.

In so recognizing the essential ebb and flow of cycles, phases and all life, the Tiger individual aligns him/her Self with the Hanwi (Moon) and inherits much of the magic as well as the magic that is associated with the moon’s silver light. The more in tune with his/her intuitive, receptive and emotional side Tiger becomes, the more he/she listens to the subtle vibrations of the soul’s directive and responds accordingly, the more developed the abilities of mystical perception and transformative medicine which are part of the inheritance this beautiful and noble Animal Spirit carries. Then, two-legged and Tiger blend in perfect balance between passion and calm, pride and humility, action and contemplation in the splendid dance of a soul unfolding.

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:08 am

Wow, cool info Gem. I have a tiger totem from childhood. Always used to see tiger eyes behind my lids. Even now I have a giant poster of a tiger behind my bedhead that represents strength. I am so captivated whenever I stare into it's eyes.

And here is that song performed on one of my favourite shows, Supernatural:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:17 am

Wow Gem, thanks for putting up that video of the guy from x factor. Wow! What an amazing performance. That was incredible! Did he win? I didn't watch x factor this last season. He really bought out the power and presence of the tiger didn't he? Very nice! :cheery:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:22 am

Gotta love those supernatural boys! hugslf
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:16 am

I thought you were gonna post that you have a Dean Winchester totem Nuelma Wink

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:20 am

Nuelma wrote:
Wow Gem, thanks for putting up that video of the guy from x factor. Wow! What an amazing performance. That was incredible! Did he win? I didn't watch x factor this last season. He really bought out the power and presence of the tiger didn't he? Very nice! :cheery:

It's almost like he's channelling - incredible performance!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:05 pm

All three guys would make great totems! :hehehe:
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:30 pm

The Altiyan totem... send luv heehee. Wink Yes Nuelma, he won!
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:38 am

I've had some weird ones to work with this week...

Tawny Frogmouth

There were two of them and they were outside my bedroom and then my daughter's bedroom so I think that we both need to work with their wisdom which is camouflage, unity, oneness and breakthrough.

General Description:

The tawny frogmouth is a nocturnal bird with mottled grey or brown plumage that is excellent for camouflage on grey and brown trees. This is highlighted by the frogmouth's ability to extend its body to resemble a broken off tree branch. It closes its eyes to hide its startling red or orange eyes, but has even evolved two nicks in its eyelids to help it see while camouflaged. During the night they will attack potential predators by diving at them and clacking their beak together loudly.

Frogmouths have wide gapes, hence the name 'frogmouth.' They eat arthropods, small vertebrates and snails. Frogmouths nest between tree forks, and though the male incubates by day, both sexes will share incubation at night. They have broad wings and primary feathers fringed to help them fly silently. They are sadly quite slow to take off and are often harmed and killed in car collisions. They can make a very bass-like 'oom' noise, and will hiss if disturbed.

Lessons and Challenges:

Tawny frogmouth shares the ability to understand your relationship to spirit and nature. Sometimes we lose sight of our place in the grand scheme of things, and then forget that we are always inter-connected with life around us. We are never truly separate from nature, even when we are physically alone, or feel spiritually lonely.

The spirit of tawny frogmouth teaches breakthrough. If there has been an issue bothering you for some time, or if you have been coasting on a plateau, frogmouth pushes you into the next phase. There will be literal breakthroughs in different areas of your life with frogmouth around. And consciously working with tawny frogmouth can create dramatic movement into new and healthful phases of your life.

The concept of synchronicity was developed fully by psychologist C. G. Jung. It refers to two or more events which occur, that are related to one another, and are quite meaningful and yet unrelated (for example, discovering a talent in art, only to have art classes start up down your street a week later). Conceptually it describes an inter-relationship in all things, cosmically and on the mundane level. Synchronicity when it occurs lets us know that everything works on some level with everything else. Sometimes it is obvious to us, sometimes it isn't. Tawny frogmouth is a good representative for the idea of synchronicity, and working with tawny frogmouth reminds us that the universe is working with a sense of harmony, even when we feel everything is descending into chaos.

In line with synchronicity, there is also an emphasis on things falling into their rightful place. Be aware at this time that some of aspects of your life will begin to run more smoothly. Situations will be resolved, and opposing ideas will start to find a common ground.

Tawny frogmouth teaches positive camouflage. Less healthy camouflage involves hiding ourselves from others to our own detriment. Positive camouflage is hiding ourselves (or facets of ourselves) from others in order to ensure our continued health and protection.

Tawny frogmouth uses positive camouflage in order to blend in with its environment and look like an extension of a tree, in response, it can avoid predation and is also less likely to be spotted by its prey. Frogmouth teaches us that the appropriate use of 'hiding from others' can actually be very healthy for us. At times it is perfectly alright to blend into the background, not disclose information about yourself, or become invisible. In fact doing this at a time when tawny frogmouth is around even reinforces your connection with nature.

There is a great theme of becoming one with nature, with Tawny Frogmouth. At a crude level, it 'becomes one,' by having evolved to look precisely like the trees that house it. It further approaches unification by changing its posture drastically to then 'become' the tree. Its very evolution has made it able to become a part of the nature around it. When tawny frogmouth has flown into your life, it is reminding you to actively, consciously reinforce your connection with nature. Go out into it, walk in it, research it and understand it, eventually you will learn that you possess a oneness with it which cannot be taken away from you; only hidden, until you are ready to realise it again.

The Shadow Aspects:

Tawny frogmouth suggests that you have lost touch not only with nature and the spirit, but you might even be questioning why such oneness and unity is necessary. Tawny frogmouth encourages you to breakthrough this time of despair and ambivalence towards nature and its energy. Such ambivalence at this time in your life is not nourishing, and can lead to a general disconnection from life and living.

Tawny frogmouth as a shadow aspect also challenges you to question your relationship to spirit in a provocative manner. It is not enough sometimes to simply 'know where you stand.' Sometimes you need to question everything you believe, shake it up, determine your needs, wants and desires, and determine the needs and wants of the great spirit in order to understand your place in this world. If you hide behind false beliefs and reassurances that all is well between yourself and the spirit, you may find that you drift even further away from unity with nature.

Communion:

Like all animal helpers, this animal will only appear when right and appropriate, and cannot be forced to visit you, commune with you, or share messages with you. Tawny frogmouth has a communicative face and eyes, and so you may find that when you encounter tawny frogmouth in journeying (and to a lesser degree, visualisation), verbal dialogue is less important than visual cues. After all, tawny frogmouth communicates very well with its body, from camouflaging in its environment, using its wide gape, and beak clacking to express displeasure etc. On an aside, if it's possible for a bird to be both cheerful and grumpy at the same time…

The one problem with consciously seeking out tawny frogmouth in journeying, is that they are often in camouflage when you find them, you may need a fair bit of time just to find it. I see it as a sort of 'test,' if you have the patience to locate the tawny frogmouth, then you're more likely to strike up a good and solid relationship with them. My encounters with tawny frogmouth are also quite spontaneous, he literally 'flies into my life.' If you live in Australia and encounter tawny frogmouths more frequently than usual, chances are, he's getting your attention to remind you of your connection to nature.

source: spheres of light

Hmm, there were two and it was day time which means they were both female -mother and daughter? And they were outside my room first and then my daughter's...and she was is the pool when she spotted them, then it began to rain...interesting. And our small fox terrier (whom we are almost certain is a reincarnation of the foxy we lost last year) kept barking at them from the living room. None of our other animals were worried by their presence. Perhaps he was trying to draw our attention to them?

Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:48 am

I've also had ants, fleas, cane toads, and ... drum roll please ...

Cockroaches

The Cockroach teaches us how to use what we have available to us for survival.
To clean out the dead and useless aspects of our lives.
When the Cockroach appears as a totem,
our sensitivity to subtle changes will be magnified.
We will have the power to scurry out of danger.

People with this totem often find that they had an abbreviated childhood –
a premature movement into adulthood, the necessity to take on early responsibility.

Although often seen as a disgusting animal,
the Cockroach is actually a gifted teacher in the art of survival and successful adaptability, especially in environment that may seem a bit hostile.

source: lins domain

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:53 am

Those tawny frogmouths are so unusual looking... I've never seen them before. Wow!
Back to top Go down

Animal Totems

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next