Share | 

Out of Body

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ahtuom
Channeler
Channeler

PostSubject: Out of Body   Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:44 am

I have had three occasions of what I can honestly consider experiences outside of my physical self.
Two have been at bed time & near sleep, however, I was not asleep.
In the first (1988), I was in a black & white environment, similar to the "noir" type of futuristic films of Brazil, or the first remake of Batman, with Michael Keaton as Batman. My body was flying over a city with very tall buildings. I was moving fast, zipping around the top floors with no specific intent. Suddenly, an enormous door appeared ahead of me & the door was slowly closing. I could see an incredibly bright light just beyond & decided I must go through that door before it closed. I flew so fast the city became a blur, I was very excited and just wanted to go through that door, to be on the other side in that light. I nearly made it, but just as I was about to squeeze in, the door slammed shut. I was thrown back & was back in my bed, fully conscious with an incredible adrenaline rush & a sense of regret.
The second time (1990), I went out as I laid my head on my pillow. I felt summoned. I appeared as a ball of light, surrounded by a group of women standing in a close circle, all were facing me. I felt myself starting to rise up. Suddenly, I was back in bed, having been elbowed by my partner at that time. "Where the hell do you think you were going?" "I could feel you slipping away, knock it off & go to sleep"
The last time (Sept-2001) I had just purchased the house I currently live in. This house has an incredible open view of the East. I had just finished getting ready to start my day & decided to wander around the house & yard before I left for work. I walked up to the front door & reached for the knob when I turned and faced the East. Suddenly, I am flying quickly over the neighborhood, toward the East. I'm over trees, spotted with yards & houses. I move faster, soon the shoreline appears & I'm flying over the ocean. All I see is water, I move faster. Then land appears, with tall white cliffs. Then abruptly, I'm back at my front door, with my hand on the knob. It was hardly seconds, but it felt like such a long time...
Has anyone else had similar experiences? Or different?
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:01 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing. Sounds like you have experienced spontaneous out of body experiences there. Have you ever tried to make it happen? I've experienced something similar but it happened when I was between being asleep and waking up. At the time, there was a dangerous guy who had escaped from prison in a nearby city. I loved about an hour away from where it happened. While I was waking up, I found myself 'flying' to the city. I could see the land below rushing by and then the outer suburbs, until I arrived at a particular highset house not far from the prison. I went through (as in like a ghost) the heavily locked backdoor and saw the escaped man in the kitchen at the back of the house. I could see every detail of the furniture and the people and even the stubble this guy had on his face! I just hung there watching for awhile until I woke up and was back in my body. Later that day, I heard a report that they caught the guy and showed the house he had been hiding in on the tv news. It was the exact same one I had seen in my OBE. Shocked I was stunned. that was a pretty cool experience.

Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Night Star
Channeler
Channeler

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:36 am

I just love hearing about other people's experiences!!

I myself had one, very brief experience many years ago. I too was lying in my bed but not sleeping. I remember getting up to do something. Get a drink of water maybe? I don't recall. I was looking out of the pantry window at the moon and stars as I often do and headed back to bed when....I saw someone in my bed! :affraid: I was like wtf???? Then I realized oh my God, it's ME! :affraid: :affraid: I guess I was so shocked that it jolted me back into my body. I remember lying there just terrified. Too fearful to fall asleep lest I should die. LOL I lay there for quite some time and saw that I was safe and wasn't dying. Then I thought Wow, how did I do that, how awesome! Not that I wanted to do it again mind you. Just too freaky and not understood. LOL

It was then that I realized that we are far more than just a physical body and that surely when we die, we will continue on. rainbowsparkle
Back to top Go down
ahtuom
Channeler
Channeler

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:01 am

Hey GothiKat, kind of scary dealing with "real life" stuff like that. I'm glad my experiences tend to have been more ethereal. Wink
I have actively tried a few times, but with no success. I've been told "breathing technique" has a lot to do with success, however, with life long allergies, breathing in through my nose is not so easy, so developing a rhythm is difficult.

Gee Night Star, I would have been freaked out too! I figure there are loose spirits all over the place, but that doesn't mean I want to see any, or worst yet, the possibility of a physical stranger in my house..., in my bed..YIKES!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:16 am

I have had various bouts of Sleep Paralysis ( :affraid: ) incidents in 2000-2001 (will be explained in another thread), but also had a "voluntary" out-of-body experience sometime in 2003. It was a great feeling, but I was not mentally prepared to go any farther away from my room, and got back into my body about 4-5 minutes of roaming all around the room.

I would love to float over oceans and mountains someday ahtuom, well..... hope soon.
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Channeler
Channeler

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:31 pm

LOL @ Moonie. I wouldn't want to venture too far either, I'd be afraid I might not make it back.
Back to top Go down
ahtuom
Channeler
Channeler

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Must be the Scorpio in me, but the thought of "getting back" never occurred to me. I'm still not sure it would matter to me. I'm a storm lover too, so I do recognize a chaotic tendency in myself & don't often see boundaries/limits others see clearly, for good or ill, or if there is such a thing as doing something "right".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:36 pm

spook for me, I was living in a haunted house and the very room I was sleeping in was haunted too. So the thought of the resident "unfriendly" spooks, spooked me too. The feelings I had at that time is still crystal clear in my mind.
Back to top Go down
ahtuom
Channeler
Channeler

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:40 pm

Moon, I'll be waiting to hear more about "sleep paralysis". I've never heard the expression before.
Back to top Go down
GothiKat
Insightful Scribe
Insightful Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:54 am

I'm a storm lover too - give me a grey sky with thunder and lightning anytime! I think all that energy resonates with me on a deeper level.
Sleep paralysis is freaky!

Back to top Go down
http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.com/
Solane Star
Co-Conscious with Oneness
Co-Conscious with Oneness

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:32 am

ahtuom wrote:
Moon, I'll be waiting to hear more about "sleep paralysis". I've never heard the expression before.

Same here ahtuom, never heard of it. scratch

Me too Moonie, looking forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:42 am

I've experienced sleep paralysis (or at least i think that's what it is). It was like being wide awake in my sleeping body, unable to move it, speak or open my eyes but being very aware that I was totally awake. It has happened too many times to count. I used to tell my husband that if he heard me breathing weirdly in the night that I wanted him to 'wake me up' because I knew I was awake and the breathing would be me trying to yell for him to give me a shove. Is this sort of what you mean Moonie? I'm looking forward to your thread.

As for OBE's, my first one happened when I was 18 and pregnant with my first child. I felt very heavy in this experience and hovered around a couple of centimetres off the floor. I couldn't get up any higher.

My second one happened when I had gotten into bed to read a book. I was reading away and thought that a cup of tea would be nice to go along with the reading and so went downstairs to the kitchen to turn the kettle on. The only problem was, as hard as I tried to push the button on on my kettle, it wouldn't turn on. My hand went through it. It was then that I realized that I hadn't stepped on any of the stairs on my way down - I had glided down. The next second I was back in my bed looking at my book.

Since then, I have had many others, mainly flying around above people trying to get their attention and show them they can do it too.

I haven't learnt how to do it at will as yet. These experiences have always been spontaneous. ang
Back to top Go down
ahtuom
Channeler
Channeler

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:26 am

Hi Nuelma, boy that must have been weird while you were pregnant.
Did you sense the baby was with you during the episode?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:34 am

It was definately weird, mainly because it was the first time it happened and also because I knew nothing about OBE's at the time. I remember thinking it was strange to be so close to the floor. My nose was nearly touching it and i felt really heavy like I couldn't get up. I felt like I was trying to sniff something on the floor and was really interested in the patterns on the linoleum. I didn't feel like my baby was with me - I was mainly focused on how close to the floor I was and how i could up higher.
Back to top Go down
ahtuom
Channeler
Channeler

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:04 pm

I ask about sensing your baby during the OBE because I thought that would really add a twist to the traditional concept of OBE's. I would freak having my face that close to the floor. I can't deal with anything that close to my face. I guess I'm somewhat claustrophobic when things get that close.
Back to top Go down
Seer
Channeler
Channeler

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:44 pm

My first OBE occured when I was 5. I was sitting in the living room watching tv and then I was in the back of the room watching myself watching tv. I slammed back into my body. The next experience I remember was when I was 15. It wasn't until later on in life when I started having the sleep paralysis and the spontaneous OBE's that I remembered the first one.

Everyone in my family has or has had OBE's except my mother. Some of us Astral Travel at will and some just have spontaneous OBE's.

I would rather be out of body then in. Sometimes its very hard to come back to the dense physical world.

Moonie, meditation with the intent on having an OBE will help. Patience...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:50 am

Thank you Seer, learning the trick Wink
Back to top Go down
ahtuom
Channeler
Channeler

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:09 am

I must say Seer, I somewhat envy the concept of intentional OBE's. When in my 20's & early 30's I used to look at some point a distance away. Say a water tower, a hill or an upstairs window of a house I was driving by. I would try to imagine myself looking back at me. At times it had a very "real" sense to it. I could not only see the physical me, but objects around me & behind me. When driving, it was a quiet country road.., I could actually see me driving my truck & also see the top of the truck. As my projected self I could also see the window frame I was looking out & sense the curtains on either side of the window. As I said, I was fully conscious of what I was trying to do.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:42 am

Wow! Amazing stories. Quite a few times I've just started floating out of myself. I find it a bit disorienting and I need to ground myself to come back in. I also once found myself spontaneously in two places at once when I was lying in bed - I was in bed, but I was also simultaneously standing on a street, feeling the concrete under my feet and everything. It was such a weird feeling knowing that I would actually be walking on this street while also lying in bed, if I had wanted to. I took a couple of steps and it was just, woah. That was more than enough for me. lol.
Back to top Go down
Seer
Channeler
Channeler

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 am

Just imagine what we can achieve if our physical self wouldn't limit us, if we gave all control over to our inner selves. We CAN be in many places, do many things, with no effort whatsoever. While we sleep our spirit does just that. We may remember bits and pieces of our travels as scattered dreams but memory retention after our return to the physical self is very poor.

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:57 am

Indeed, Seer. Sometimes the memory can be very strong though, and that in itself is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Desert Raven
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:40 pm

I had an out of body experience once when I was a child. I had fallen in the kitchen and hit my head on a wooden bench. The next thing I knew, I was lying on the living room couch with my mom and dad hovering over me trying to wake me up.... but I was on the ceiling looking down at them. I could see them and I could hear them and I could see my body laying on the couch. I could not talk to them, though. I tried to tell them that I was OK.. that I was "right here"... on the ceiling! I felt no pain or any sensation other than feeling well. Then, I got scared that I might not get back in my body and the next instant I was back in my body. I then realized my head really hurt and I had wet pants. These sensations were not felt when I was out of my body. I have never feared dying, because I know that my soul can leave my body and continue on and there will be no pain after death. rainbowsparkle
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Amazing! rainbowsparkle
Back to top Go down
Seer
Channeler
Channeler

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:39 am

Exactly! I am not afraid of dying only HOW I will die.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Co-Creator of Reality
Co-Creator of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:05 am

Yeah, same here... I want to get over that fear though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of Body   

Back to top Go down

Out of Body
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1